Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Little Black Dress - 3 Ways!

*First of all, I am so frustrated with my horrible photography...  but I don't have time to redo anything, so here it is.  Ugh.*

Today I'm participating in Audrey's One Piece Many Ways link-up over at Putting Me Together.  You simply take a piece of clothing and show several different ways to wear it!  I chose the little black dress that I got the weekend before last at Forever 21.  Here it is:


 Dress: Forever 21

First up, a date night look.  Not that we get to go on those...  I purchased these funky wedges while on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic in high school.  I don't remember the last time I actually wore them, but I'll probably never get rid of them.


Necklace: GroopDealz / Belt: H&M / Shoes: Dominican Republic

I'm calling this next outfit my church look.  :)  As a stay at home mom, I don't really need work looks, like other bloggers!  Before discovering style blogs, I never would have thought to wear a shirt over a dress... but it totally works! 



Top: Forever 21 / Belt: Garage Sale / Flats: Target

And now for a super casual look.  Super comfortable.  I love it.  Knotting a tee is another new thing for me.  I actually think it's kind of cute!  And of course I had to throw on my beloved TOMS!

 


Tee: Forever 21 / Shoes: TOMS

I love doing these different challenges!  It's really making me look at my clothes differently!  So. Much. Fun!  :-D

Linking up: The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Get Your Pretty OnSuburbs Mama

13 comments:

  1. I love that you did it for different situations! And I love all three looks you came up with. I don't know if I could pick a favorite! I need an LBD (I don't know how I've gotten this far in life without one)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need an LBD too! I have a few dresses that are black but none is versatile enough to be an LBD. I especially love that last outfit, very comfy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I completely agree about never thinking to put a shirt over a dress before reading all the style blogs, but new worlds appear to be opening up for me!! It is time for me to step out of the box:) I found your blog through the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should be Andrea....not Andrae! Jeepers:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the floral top over the dress! And the red shoes... always a plus in my book. Being able to put tops or skirts over dresses makes the pieces all the more versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post, I love how creative you got with the LBD! Very inspiring, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! I think the last look is my favorite. I love how you tied your striped tee and pattern mixed with your floral Toms!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome are those wedges!? You can definitely never get rid of them since they came from such a cool experience.

    Great job remixing the dress! I love that you also wore it as a skirt - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I really like the second look. I wore a dress with a shirt for the first time for Caitlin's remix. You have inspired me even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw so many super cute variations! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THE DRESS! Super cute and looks comfortable.

    Smiles,
    Rachael
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a dress almost exactly like that and you just gave me some new styling ideas! I love each and every way you paired it up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! I love each one of these looks. And I love your cute pixie cut!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love hearing from you! So what's up? :)