Friday, March 8, 2013

Box of Goodness

Thanks to our tax return, I was able to order a few things that have been on my Amazon wish list for a while, and a box of goodness arrived on my doorstep yesterday!  Woohoo!

First up, a 2013 wall calendar.  It's about time, huh?!  Better than last year... I never got one at all!  So sorry if I missed your birthday!  ;-)  This year I went with a Charley Harper calendar.  I had one for 2011, and  I love the colorful artwork!  The best part of buying calendars full of amazing art is that you can frame your favorites later on for some cheap wall art!  We used three pages from a Georgia O'Keefe calendar to decorate the dining room of our first house.  And I'm considering  using some pages from our 2011 Charley Harper calendar in our current living room...


I FINALLY got my very own copy of the Young House Love book!  I was sort of hoping that I would get it for Christmas or my birthday, but nope.  So I bought it for myself.  I can't wait to spend some quality time with it.  I've been following the Young House Love blog for a few years, and John and Sherry are amazing, so I am confident that this book will not disappoint!


And now a few things to use in our home school!  Lena, our four year old, is doing preschool this year.  Her main focus is learning her letters and numbers, and it's been challenging.  The girl is just NOT detail oriented...  And she just doesn't really care!  I had heard of the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD a couple years ago while doing preschool with Eli, but he caught on so quickly with what we were doing that I never bothered to buy it.  But Lena needs all the help she can get!  Hopefully this DVD will trick her into learning something!


Eli, our six year old, is in kindergarten this year, and learning how to read!  I had heard great things about BOB books way back when, too, but never bought them.  Recently, my cousin's wife Cami suggested them as a good way to encourage Eli to read.  I'm excited to hear him read them!  I got this one, this one, and this one to start with!

Super frustrated that this picture won't post the right way!  Grrr!

One area where our homeschool has been lacking lately is in science, which is silly, because science is my faaaavorite!  We have a few Magic School Bus books, and have checked out a few DVDs from the library, so when I saw the complete series for a great price, I just had to snatch it up!  I haven't had a chance yet to look at what all 52 episodes are about, but I'm hoping to start watching them and doing activities to go along with each one.  I think all of us are going to love it!


Have you ordered yourself anything fun lately??

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to get my hands on the Young House Love book for a while. I love their blog, and I'm sure their book is a great crafty inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love hearing from you! So what's up? :)