Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday #4 & Our Christmas Books

First of all, I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!  We were so blessed to spend time with family, and we came home with some great bingo prizes!  Read: CANDY!  :)

Sorry for missing my Thankful Thursday post this week...  I was too busy enjoying life to post about it.  So here it is.  I'm so thankful to live in this country.  I'm thankful for my friends and family.  I'm thankful for my loving husband and my amazing children.  I'm thankful for a roof over our heads and food in our cupboards.  I'm thankful for our church and the freedom to openly worship the one true God.  I'm thankful for the freedom to homeschool and the experience of watching my children learn.  I'm thankful for Jesus and the hope that He brings.  And I'm thankful that the season of celebrating His birth is here!

Thank you, Father God.  You are so good.  Thank you for meeting all my needs.  Thank you for your abundant blessings.  Thank you for Jesus. 

And with that, I want to share with you a list of Christmas books!  Last year, as part of our Advent countdown, I brought out a new Christmas or winter book each day leading up to Christmas.  These are just books that we have collected over the years.  Many of them are from Scholastic.  I've had quite a few people ask me to share the complete list, so here they are. 

These are some great books about the real reason for the season: Jesus!

Room for a Little One
J is for Jesus
God Gave Us Christmas
What Is Christmas?
Christmas in the Manger
My Christmas Gift
Fear Not, Joseph!
The Last Straw

And these books are just fun!

Little Porcupine's Christmas
Mooseltoe
Christmas Mice
If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
A Small Christmas
Froggy's Best Christmas
Froggy Gets Dressed
The Little Snowflake
Gingerbread Mouse
I've Seen Santa
The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever
The Biggest Snowman Ever
Clifford's Christmas
Jingle Bells
Christmas Wishes

In addition to the books, we hung a countdown clothesline.  I made cards out of some fun scrapbook paper and number stickers.  About as crafty as I get... 


Each morning we would open a card to find a note with something fun we were going to do that day.  To make it easy and also reusable, I would just put a sticky note inside the night before for the next day.  That way I didn't have to plan too far ahead!  I will be posting a ton of advent ideas soon!

The clothesline will go up tonight, and our first activity is putting up the Christmas tree!!!  Tomorrow!  Yay!

What are your favorite children's Christmas books??

2 comments:

  1. There are so many great Christmas books! I've only read 2 from your list, and we read a LOT. :) Some of our favorites are Oliver and Amanda's Christmas by Jean Van Leeuwen, The Gingerbread Pirates by Kristin Kladstrup, Kipper's Christmas Eve by Mick Inkpen, and The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I meant to add, we do a similar advent calendar, with a different activity every day. This year I'm keeping track of what we do each day in a Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/bibliophile78/christmas-2013/

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love hearing from you! So what's up? :)