Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Floral From Summer To Fall

Well, I've decided that since I still have a few photos of summer outfits in my stash, I'm going to work on showing how to transition those pieces into fall, just like I did on Monday.  Fun stuff!  So here's an outfit I wore sometime in August.


Tank: Forever 21 / Shorts: Old Navy / Belt: H&M / Sandals: Target


Check out this necklace!  It was a splurge for me to buy this from The Limited for a whole $16.  But I wear it all. the. time.  I have quite a few statement necklaces, but they're just not that practical for my everyday life, so I'm constantly grabbing this one for just a little sparkle.


I know arrows are kind of a trendy thing right now, but they mean more than that to me.  First of all, my husband is a bow hunter, as well as both of our fathers.  I don't hunt, but I do enjoy target shooting, and we are passing the love of archery on to our children.  But going even beyond that, there's this:


"Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him. 
 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth. 
 Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their opponents in court."
Psalm 127: 3-5 

Woohoooo, I AM BLESSED!  Children are a rewardLove that scripture.

Anyways, here is how I'm wearing my floral tank today...


Sweater: Target / Maxi Skirt: JCPenney

Since it's not TOO cold out yet, I can still get away with wearing my maxi skirts, and the cardigan keeps me warm up top.  I LOVE layering pieces, so I can wear my summer tops all year long!

Linking up: The Pleated Poppy

6 comments:

  1. Love this transition! Yay layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just gotten into cardigans. I love the one I bought last month so much, that I went back and bought it in 2 more colors! And I may just buy it in turquoise too! It wouldn't be really practical, but it would be fun! Hmm.. Maybe I have a cardigan addiction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the verse, the transition outfit, all of it! Super cute outfit. The maxi skirt looks great on you.
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the second comment, but I changed my blog name. It won't let me change it on bloglovin, so I had to get a new button. I am trying to let everyone know who follows me. If you go to my blog and follow it on the new bloglovin button I put up, it should work. Thanks!
    -Becca.
    www.whyshesings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to hunt for that skirt at penney's now! Comfy enuf for home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this look! It's so fun how with a few different pieces, it's a whole new top. I love it with the red, maybe with some red pants for fall too?

    Thank you for that verse, i kinda needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love hearing from you! So what's up? :)