Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Three Ohhh

 "Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4
(NKJV)

Today was the last day of my twenties.  I spent it at home, in my pajamas, with my three kids (changing diapers, wiping snotty noses, and reminding them for the 8,754th time that I don't understand whining).  I was supposed to get my hair cut today and go out to dinner with a friend, but due to weather and other circumstances both events got canceled.  And you know what?  I'm happy.  :)


Ten years ago, I had just gotten married.  Hubby and I were in the process of buying our first home and hoping to get pregnant, like ASAP.  If you would have asked me how I saw my life in ten years, I would have said that I wanted to be happily married, have three or four kids that I could stay home with, and hopefully have moved on to a bigger, newer home.  A beautiful, simple life.  Well what do you know?  God has been good to me! 

Sure, life hasn't gone exactly how I'd pictured.  Marriage is hard, and ours has oftentimes felt more like a roller coaster ride than a fairytale.  But it is good.  In fact, as I type this my hubby has taken the two big kids out to buy me birthday presents, giving me a few extra minutes of peace, fulfilling my son's desire to buy Mommy a present, and speaking to one of my top love languages (there's no shame in loving gifts!).  What a good man.


We didn't get pregnant that first month like we had hoped (and even expected!  I thought only people over 35 needed help getting pregnant.  Boy was I wrong!).  We struggled through nearly three years of infertility before being blessed with not just one, but three miraculous pregnancies.


After seven years in our first house, we decided it was time to move on to that bigger and better home, so we put our house on the market.  Fourteen long months later we finally sold our house and had the amazing opportunity to build a house.  I never dreamed that I would own a brand new house before I was thirty!

So yeah, the journey here hasn't followed the exact path that I had imagined, but on my last day of year twenty-nine, I can honestly say that I am right where I want to be.  I'm not sure what life will look like in ten more years, or what surprises will knock me off my feet along the way, but I do know that I'll be able to look back and see that God has been, and always will be, SO GOOD TO ME!

SO, happy birthday to me!  I'm looking forward to year thirty and beyond!

3 comments:

  1. So now I'm crying like a baby. God is so good and you are so incredibly blessed, as am I to call you my friend. Have a wonderful birthday, friend, wish I could be there to squeeze your neck. <3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is the bomb, isn't he? :) Found you from Katie at "For Lauren and Lauren" ... so encouraged to hear that you now have THREE children after struggling. (We didn't struggle with not getting pregnant, but we had an ectopic, and I'm diabetic ... so the two of us and my one fallopian tube are still hangin' in there. :) ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your 31st just around the corner I decided to go back and re-read this. You are crazy blessed, girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love hearing from you! So what's up? :)