Monday, December 9, 2013

Red & Green

How was your weekend??  Mine was fabulous!  It started off with a bang with a ladies night ornament exchange at my friend Courtney's house.  I stuffed myself with delicious food and stayed up way too late!


Then Saturday morning we ventured out to our local Festival of Trees, where the kids made some fun crafts and searched for their favorite decorated tree.

Then in the evening, we donned our full snow gear and braved the single digit temps to attend the lighted Christmas parade and fireworks over the frozen lake.  It sure was cold, but worth it.  We're making memories, no matter what the weather may be!


It started snowing over night, and continued all day Sunday, so I volunteered Daddy for playing in the snow with the kids after church.  The first time this season!  We had a nice, low-key day, and then I snuck out in the evening for a much needed haircut! 

Now, on the the "fashion" portion of this post...

Is it possible to wear red and green together and not look like a Christmas tree?  I say, YES! 


Scarf: GroopDealz / Vest & Chambray: JCPenney / Jeans: H&M / Boots: Old Navy


Red and green are complimentary colors, so they definitely look good together.  But I'm guessing most of us avoid wearing them together, because we don't want to resemble a decorated evergreen.  Or an elf.  Which is easy for me to do anyways, since I'm only 5 foot 2...  on a good day.  So yeah, how?  I think it just depends on the shades of each color, and how you wear them.  Olive is a great shade of green to wear with red.  You could also do mint!  Or darken both colors and do burgundy and olive...  Also, using an accessory of some sort for one of the colors is a good way to add that pop of color without being too overwhelming.  And pairing red and green with neutrals will definitely tone down the Christmas vibe.  Of course, I could be giving you crazy advice, I'm just making this up as I go!  Haha!

How would you wear red and green?? 

6 comments:

  1. Can I have your scarf, pretty please! I think you rock the red and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! Great idea to do the red with an olive green vest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi autumn! I just bought that vest today! lol! I love olive green. I own pants, shorts, a jacket, a puffer vest, and now a utility vest. I've realized that when I like a color, I need to buy a piece for every season. like olive pants for fall winter and shorts for summer. I now own an olive puffer vest for winter and a utility one for when it gets warm. maybe I should've gotten a puffer vest in a different color? but I didn't think I'd find a utility vest I liked. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! This color combo is perfect, and you're right on with your color pairing advice. Sounds like you had a great weekend- hope this week is going just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a great weekend, girlie! And you're right, that outfit doesn't look like a Christmas tree! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this outfit is awesome! I love the color combo, it totally works. I also REALLY need a military vest now :)
    -Becca
    whyshesings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love hearing from you! So what's up? :)